Tomorrow night's Borough Council Workshop/Meeting Agenda has some interesting topics for discussion and vote.
1. Court Renovations - this is overdue but necessary. Just concerned about where the money is coming from for these renovations. The Budget is already cut pretty thin.
2. Sign Ordinance - Glad to see this one getting off the ground. It is in the forefront for improvements to Main St. and has been in review for some time.
3. Dams - Another one of the items that needs work asap. Last time we checked the State could come in and make Matawan drain the Lakes if we don't act. The way we see it, draining the Lakes is not an option. This may be a necessary expense that Matawan is forced to act on. Here's hoping for some grant money, as this is a very expensive item.
4. Budget Status - Now that we have received State Aid (such as it is) guess we will find out how much more or less the Budget must be cut. Residents are not looking forward to any further increase in property taxes that's for sure. This is not a win - win situation.
5. Park Avenue Sewer Repair - Under the Consent Agenda the Council will be voting to authorize Maser Consulting to Undertake any Necessary Steps for the Public Announcement and Accept Bids for Park Avenue Sewer Rehabilitation.
Mill Road Sanitary Sewer Extension - The Council will be voting to Authorize a Change Order No. 1 (Deduction.)
Last but not least, Payment of the Bills - has not been published as yet.
We are forever optimistic that the Election Shenanigan's will not continue and the Council will proceed with going forward with positive steps to improve Matawan.
Hope to see you at the meeting......